Масштабная модель Ferrari 250 GTO 1962 Red
In March 1961, people at Ferrari were getting nervous. This was due to the imminent introduction of a new Jaguar E-Type at the Geneva Motor Show. The car was seen as a serious competitor, and Ferrari was very concerned about its supremacy in motor racing.
Enzo Ferrari acted immediately, and he commissioned Giotto Bizzarrini to design a new GT-class car. Bizzarrini decided to work with the 250GT/SWB, a model that had proved its worth against tough tests. It was quite clear that little change, if any, was going to be made of the chassis, while the wheelbase would remain the same at 2,400 мм. Major modification that ensued involved the rear-axle, body aerodynamics, and center of gravity. In addition, an improved gear train was provided.
The car obtained homologation with the new type designation of 250 GTO, where “O” stands for the Italian word “omologate” (homologated, certified). But because of a widely-known “internal coup” against Enzo Ferrari, several GTO designers, including Bizzarrini, had to leave the company.
He was succeeded by Mauro Foghieri, who set to work together with the coachbuilder Sergio Scaglietti and completed the development project. The new GTO boasted a stunningly beautiful body, and it was presented to the international press at Maranello in February 1962.
The racing debut of the GTO was at the 12 Hours of Sebring 1962 in the USA. Its driving duo Phil Hill and Olivier Gendebien won the GT-class and finished 2nd overall. From then on, the winning streak continued; Ferrari clinched the constructors’ championship in 1962, 1963 and 1964 consecutively. A total of 39 GTO vehicles were built, including three equipped with a 4-liter engine.
Welcome to a 250 GTO replica featuring CMC’s absolutely extraordinary craftsmanship. You have the option to choose between the silver, yellow, blue and red finishes according to your own preference.
The use of racing team and/or driver names, symbols, starting numbers, and/or descriptions is solely for reference purposes. Unless otherwise stated, it does not imply that the CMC scale model is a product of any of these racing teams/drivers or endorsed by any of them.
Описание модели CMC
- Hand-crafted metal precision model with a left-hand drive, built from 1,841 single parts, of which 1,215 are made of metal
- True-to-scale, authentic replication of the car body customized by the renowned coachbuilder Sergio Scaglietti
- Elegantly-replicated front end with removable covers of the three air intakes
- One coolant filler under a flip-open cover in the bonnet; one oil-tank filler housed under the right side of the rear window with an openable cover
- Intricate windscreen-wipers with real rubber blades
- Functional engine hood, equipped with a supporting rod, functional locks for quick release, and leather belts and buckles for secure fastening
- Functional doors with sliding windows
- Trunk lid has a supporting rod and opens to reveal a spare wheel
- Rear fuel tank filler with a flip-open cap
- Perfectly-wired wheels with a light alloy rim, stainless steel spokes and nipples
- Unscrew the Borrani central locking nuts (with side-dependent right- and left-hand threads) to remove the wheels
- Highly detailed 12-cylinder V-type engine, complete with all aggregates, pipes and cabling
- Meticulous replication of the interior and its racing accessories, such as roll cage and safety belts. Seats upholstered in real textile covers with leather trimmimgs
- Well-integrated dashboard with a full array of instruments and controls on a wrinkle-finish-paint surface
- Elaborate undercarriage that reveals authentically-replicated front and rear suspensions, oil tank for Сухая смазка картера, and fuel tank (all being made of stainless steel) in addition to an impressive racing-style tailpipe of the exhaust system.
- Detachable stainless-steel bottom plate, and a brilliant high-gloss finish
3 lockable covers for the additional air intakes above the radiator grille, also removable if needed.
Технические характенистики оригинальной модели:
Two-seater coupé body (Berlinetta) made of aluminum on a tubular frame with side trellis-frame reinforcement
12-cylinder V-engine with a 60⁰ cylinder angle and dual overhead camshafts
Сухая смазка картера
|Размер цилиндра:||73 x 58.8 мм|
|Объем двигателя:||2,953 cc|
|Компрессия:||9.8 : 1|
|Максимальная мощность:||300 л/с при 7,500 об/мин|
|Максимальная скорость:||около 280 км/ч|
|Подготовка смеси:||6x Weber 38 DCN-dual carburetor|
|Трансмиссия:||Синхронизированная 5-ти скоростная МКПП с задними ведущими колесами|
|Подвеска:||Front independent suspension on trapezoidal whishbones with coil springs; rear rigid axle with longitudinal leaf springs, Koni shock absorbers, and Watt linkage|
|Тормоза:||Дисковые тормоза на всех колесах|
|Колесная база:||2,400 мм|
|Колея передняя/ задняя:||1,354 (1,351)/ 1,350 (1,346) мм|
|Размеры длина / ширина/ высота:||4,325/ 1,600/ 1,210 мм|
|Общий вес:||около 900 кг.|
|Период производства/ количество:||1962-1964/ 36 шт. + 3 units with a 4-liter-engine |