Масштабная модель Mercedes W196R Streamliner 1954 Version
With the streamliner body of the W196, Mercedes surprised one more time the whole racing scene and presented with this perfect in form plate dress a completely new appearance at their return into Grand Prix racing after the war.
At the premiere race, which took place 1954 at the GP of France in Reims, Mercedes started with three Streamliners and achieved with Fangio at first place and Kling on 2nd a terrific double victory. From now on the Mercedes stars, J.M. Fangio at the top, Karl Kling, Hans Herrmann and Stirling Moss celebrated with the Streamliner and also the parallel used W196 Monoposto (free wheels version) one success after the other.
Fangio achieved in 1954 and 1955 his 2nd and 3rd F1 World Championship driving for Mercedes.
Just like in the first race in Reims, also in the last one of the 1955 season, Fangio won with a streamlined W196 the race for Mercedes.
After two years, this was the last start for the W196. Mercedes retired from the Formula 1 again.
· Handmounted all-metal precision model composed of more than 1,100 single parts
· True to the original reproduction of the 8-cylinder in-line-engine with angular mounting position
· Detailed pipes and cabling
· Precisely recreated tubular space frame of metal
· Removable wheels with filigree metal spokes
· Finely elaborated cockpit, covered with textile and leather
· Exact reproduction of the inside drum brakes
· Realistic recreated front- and rear wheel suspension with feathering
Differences between M-127 (standard version new) and M-044 (standard version old)
- Air inlet in front of the wind shield that is fitted with five blade fins for cockpit ventilation
- Rear-view mirror consoles that are shaped differently
- Two rear openings that serve as air outlets, each with a stainless steel funnel and double crossbars
- Shorter fuel inlet housed in the head rest
- New-generation wheels with spokes and nipples
- Green checked fabric covers on a dark-red leather seat
- Maintenance opening on the right side left uncovered
- Steering wheel with three spokes
Technical Data of the original vehicle
|Maximum output:||290 hp at 8,500 rpm|
|Top speed:||approx. 300 km/h|
|Wheel base:||2,350 mm|
|Total length:||4,420 mm|